Search This Blog

Thursday 1 November 2012

Elizabeth Arden - Day To Night Holiday Colour Collection

Hi All
How gorgeous is this?


This is the Elizabeth Arden Day To Night Holiday Colour Collection.  It is worth R3000 but it is retailing for R799 at all Elizabeth Arden counters.  What a bargain!!!
Here is a picture of it in the store in the original box:


Contents:

- Day Palette:
 - 6 Beautiful Colour Eyeshadows in Café Au Lait-highlighter, Lilac, Warm Pink, Brown, Plumsmoke and
   Smoky Brown 4.8g
- 1 Cheekcolor in Sunblush 2g
- 2 Ceramide Ultra Lipsticks in Sugar and Rose 3.5g each
- 1 High Shine Lip Gloss in Golden Pearl 4ml
- 1 Eye Pencil in Black Brown 1.1g
- 1 Lip Pencil in Cocoa Rose 1.1g

- Night Palette:
 - 6 Beautiful Colour Eyeshadows in Soft Gold, Romance, Bronze Lustre, Classic Khaki-contour, Black
   Tie- contour and Misty Teal-contour 4.8g
- 1 Cheekcolor in Golden Apple 2g
- 2 Ceramide Ultra Lipsticks in Brick and Ruby Rose 3.5g each
- 1 High Shine Lipgloss in Rosegold 4ml
- 1 Eye Pencil in Smoky Black 1.1g
- 1 Lip Pencil in Crimson 1.1g

- 3-piece Brush Set:
- Cheekcolor brush
- Eyeshadow brush
- Angle Eyeshadow brush
- Brush pouch

- Pressed Shimmer Powder Trio Compact with attachable brush 5g
- All Gone Eye & Lip Makeup Remover 50ml
- Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara in Black 3ml
- Red Travel Bag

Day Palette on the Left & Night Palette on the right












My opinions:
The eyeshadows and blush
I tested the Day Palette.  These are very smooth and have no fallout and is not powdery at all.  However they are not very pigmented, so I would use a primer underneath.  It would take a bit more time to swipe more product onto the lid.  Being a "day look" it is subtle and natural for daytime.  The blush in the palette is a natural daytime blush as well, but very pretty.  Perfect for those you work in a corporate office environment where you are not able to wear loads of makeup.  I dont think the blush in the day palette will sho up on a person ho has darker skin tone.
I have not tried an eye makeup look with the night palette yet, or the blush.  I will wait for my next night out to try this.  I have high hopes for it as it has more deeper shades in it.

The lipsticks:
These lipsticks are gorgeous.  They are very pigmented.  All my friends who have owned Elizabeth Arden lipsticks have said that they are awesome.  A lovely selection of wearable colours.  I am very pleased with these.

The Mascara:
I have had a tester of this in Glambox which I enjoyed.  I am a mascara lover so getting a mascara is always a plus. It is supposed to be a lash extending treatment mascara.  If all goes well then it will show up in a future favorites blogpost.

The Lipglosses:
The lipglosses look very pigmented and good quality.  I have soo many lipglosses open at the moment that I will save these for later. I have been obsessed with everything "rosegold" lately, so this lipgloss is right up my alley.

The Lip & Eye Pencils:
I have heard from friends how good their pencils are.  Let me tell you - they where right! They are smooth and creamy and very pigmented.  I love the eye pencil in Black Brown.  he lip pencils are equally nice.  The pencils are very good quality.

 The Pressed Shimmer Powder Trio Compact 
This is sooo pretty but alas is not very pigmented in my opinion. I only swatched it and not actually used it yet.  When I mentioned it to the sales assistant , she suggested I swirl the brush in all the shades and using it as a blush instead of using the shades individually as a bronzer, highlighter and blush.  So I will definitely try this.  It may be better that it is not too pigmented as I definitely do not want to look like an oompa loompa.Then I control the amount I put on and layer it if I want a more dramatic look.

The All Gone Eye & Lip Makeup Remover 
Once again, I have received rave reviews for this product as to how awesome it is.  I have an open bottle of eyemakeup remover from another brand so I will not open this until my other bottle is finished. It has a half oil and half liquid component.  You are supposed to shake it up before using then pour some out onto cotton wool then dab onto eyes and lips.  Oil cleansing removes makeup like magic.  So I cant wait to try it.

The Brush Set:
These brushes are just "okay" in my opinion.  They are not the softest brushes I own.  But they will do the job when all my other brushes are out of reach or waiting to be cleaned.  The barrel does have pretty gold on them, yay! lol.

Red Travel Bag
The travel bag is what you see first when you open the box, and I was very pleased.  It is really gorgeous and huge.  Great for travel.  It will carry lots of makeup in it.  I am going to use it in December when I do my Cousins makeup for her wedding as it looks very professional.

Thanks for ready this very long post.
Please leave me a comment below and let me know if you have tried any gift sets or collections for yourself, or if you will be purchasing any as gifts for friends as there are soo many in stores at this time of the year.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't figure out which was the day makeup and the night makeup. Thanks for having this information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      The Red packaging on the palette and the lipsticks is the day makeup. The black packaging for the night palette and the lipsticks is the night makeup. The mascara and lipglosses can be used for both. I would use the black eyeliner for night and the brown eyeliner for day time.

      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Is this make up kit for light skinned ? Can dark skinned people use this pallette ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, the day eyeshadow palette(red case) is a bit light for a dark skinned person. However, the night palette (black case) is suitable for both light and dark skinned people. I have worn eyeshadow from the night palette during the day as well. Also the lipsticks will suit both light and dark in my opinion, They are very pigmented and the colours are not light by any means. All the pencils are meant for both light and dark as well.
      Hope this helps.
      Regards

      Delete