Search This Blog

Thursday 1 November 2012

Product rave : Stila Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer

Hi there

Stila cosmetics just landed in South Africa.  I read other bloggers posts that Stila is now in selected Woolworths and Truworths stores.  I stumbled across the Stila range of cosmetics in Woolworths Gateway Theatre of Shopping in Umhlanga Rocks in Durban.

I was on the hunt for a Holy Grail foundation and I may have found it   Although I almost fainted when I saw how gorgeous the cream blushes and the eyeshadow palettes where, I only purchased a foundation.




Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

This is an oil and paraben free-formula with a soft, creamy texture that’s lightweight, breathable, and offers sheer to full coverage benefits.  This is great news for my skin as I have very sensitive skin , and this definitely agrees with my skin.
The foundation comes with the Stila 35 Brush for application. I kinda love the idea of getting an application tool, a foundation, and a concealer all in one. It’s a complete package and I like that a lot. It’s nice not being tempted by a brush for application or having to run out and try a new concealer. It’s all here, you get everything, no choices to be made outside of your shade selection.

As I mentioned it comes with a matching concealer which is housed in the top of the foundation bottle. The concealer is on the smaller size at 0.02 oz but it packs a thick, creamy, pigmented formula so a little goes a very long way. The formula is quite emollient taking drier eyes into consideration for a smooth, hydrating finish. You’ll want to use a tiny dab of it, pat on completely, and build from there if needed. It offers full coverage so just be aware during application and prep well to avoid problems.

I chose the colour 03 Light which is perfect for my MAC NC25/30 skintone.
This foundation doesn’t oxidize nor does it fade super quickly under hot weather conditions. I’d say you can get a solid six hours out of it in extreme weather conditions and still come out of it looking as fresh as a daisy. Stila embraces a quirky little Asian packaging detail in the spatula-like applicator that allows you to remove product from the bottle easily.


My skin is dry and took to this very well. It has a hydrating feel upon application but has a semi-matte dry down that doesn’t suck moisture from skin. It should perform well on most skin types but will particularly be a pleasant experience for those with drier skin.

The brush included is a mini thin, flat head brush for application. You can use it under eyes or on your face. I find it works better for under my eyes and I reach for another flat top brush for applying to the rest if my face.


Overall I am loving this foundation so far.  I have received a few compliments since I started wearing this foundation.   At R395 it is not cheap but I guess you get value for the money as you get the foundation, concealer and a brush.  In the US Stila is a drugstore brand but here in South Africa it is by no means drugstore and with prices.

Please let me know what your HG foundation is,  I am always interested in finding out which foundations other people love.

Thank you for reading
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Woаh! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog. It's simρle,
    уet еffeсtivе. Α lοt of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say that you've
    ԁone а еxcеllent jοb ωith this.
    Adԁitionаlly, the blog loаds ѕupеr quick fоr mе
    on Internеt еxplorer. Εxcellent Blog!
    My web site ; natural weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: Stila isn't a drugstore brand in the US and is still considered quite pricey. It's only sold in stores like Sephora or fancy department stores :)

    ReplyDelete