Search This Blog

Sunday 18 March 2012

My Current Skincare Fovourites


These are he products I use to keep my skin acne and blemish free.

PRE-CLEANSE

L'Oreal Revitalift Cleansing Milk is by far the best cleansing milk I had tried.  It cares for the skin as it removes makeup.  I had tried a cheaper product which works okay but does not compare to this gem.  You have to smooth it over the face then take two or three facial tissues and remove the cleansing milk from the face.  This product works soo well that I use it on my foundation brushes.  When I use my Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation which, does not tend to come off my brushes,  I soak the bristles of the brush in this cleansing milk for a few minutes and all traces of foundation is removed and then I sanitize my brushes with makeup brush cleanser thereafter.

Clicks Skin 3-in-1 Facial Cleansing Wipes.  Gently cleanses tones and removes even waterproof makeup. These are very affordable compared to other makeup remover wipes in the pharmacy / drugstore and are suitable for all skin types.  On a lazy day if I skip the cleansing milk, I will use two of these to wipe away my makeup for the day.  If I Use it after the cleansing milk, then I only need to use one.  But generally the wipe is still "clean" after use as the cleansing milk usually removes almost all traces of makeup.  I use these over the eyes to remove my eye shadow, liner and mascara.  Another use I have for these is when I am spot cleaning my eyeshadow brushes during the week.  


Eskamel Daily Cleansing Pads.  This was a recent discovery and I don't use it every day unless I feel it is necessary.  It is advertised as "Gentle" but it is very strong.  It contains contain Menthol and Salicylic Acid.  Salicylic Acid is used on acne prone skin.   I use these on days my skin breaks out from a product / foundation that has clogged my pores.  It opens up the pores and cleans the dirt and blackheads out completely.  I only use one cleansing pad (both sides of the pad).   Every single trace of dirt and makeup is removed.  There are 36 saturated pads in the container. Pimples are busted before it becomes a problem.  The packaging states that it makes your skin sensitive to the sun so you need to use sunblock daily.  Keep away from the under eye area.

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.  I only have a sample size of this (a very big sample) and most days I am very lazy to use it as the makeup remover wipe takes off my eye makeup and I am generally very tired at the end of the day.  But on the days I do use it, I do notice a difference.  This is not as harsh on the eyes, and is gentle enough not to burn or irritate but effective enough to clean away all traces of eye make at the end of the day.  I really like this product as it does not dry out my eyes.  I have another bottle of eye makeup remover that I received in my Glambox beauty box subscription but have not opened it yet.


CLEANSE

Eskamel spot and blackhead cleansing soap bar cleans and eliminates grease from the fac e.  I have been using this for a few months and I am very happy with the results.  I have tried lots of cleansers and this cleanser is my holy grail product.  Not to mention that is it dirt cheap.  It contains Salicylic Acid which clears acne and blackheads.  There are two types of this soap, the normal one,and this one which contains aloe vera so that the skin does not dry out.  I use it twice a day with a facial brush.  This combo really works for me and there is no doubt that my face is clean.
   

TONE

Dischem Facial Toner .  I have one in Tree trea and another in ZERO.  The Zero toner is my holy grail product.  It does not contain any fragrance, sodium lauryl sulphate or any parabens.  It is geared more towards sensitive skin, but suitable for all skin types.  Storng toners burn the skin and cause dark marks.  This one is effective and is gentle enough at the same time.    I have been using it for years.

MOISTURISE

Defence CODEXAGE Regenerating anti-ageing cream.  I cannot rave enough about this product.  No other moisturizer worked for me like this one does.  The whole Bionike range is geared towards people with sensitive and intolerant skin.  This is what the web says about this product:
Advised for:
Visibly reducing wrinkles after just one month (in vivo test evidence), reshaping the face, making skin toned, smooth and moisturised, with a radiant and even complexion. Suitable as a base for make-up.

 I also have the eye cream in this line which won an award last year.  I have just started using it so I can't comment yet.  I also have an anti-aging mask which came in a GWP (gift with purchase) which I still have to test.

Decleor Expression De L'Age Smoothing Roll On.    This little gem has three silver beads on the applicator section.   My tip:  I store it n the refrigerator.  So when you apply it on your eyes, the coldness of the 3 beads instantly reduces puffiness and dark circles.  It is supposed to reduce wrinkles and fines lines on the eyelid, under the eyes and around the mouth.  To apply, squeeze the tube and simultaneously glide the beads over the skin. Finish the application by massaging with the fingertips This is not oily on the lids so it does not make my eye shadow crease.  Did I mention how lovely it smells?

MASKS AND TREATMENTS

Decleaor Hydra Floral eye and lip moisturizing mask.  This mask is amazing for the eyes.  I don't use it as often as I should as I forget about it.  My undereye area is dark and dehydrated. This must be applied for 5 to 10 minutes and the results are seen instantly.  I am left with hydrated eyes and the under eye area s lightened dramatically.  It smells soo good as well.  This must be used twice a week.

Decleor Hydra Floral "Flower Essence" Moisturizing Mask.   Another amazing mask.  It should be used twice a week for 5 to 10 minutes.  I use the eye mask and the face mask at the same time. The results are instant as It replenishes my skin almost immediately.  The sales assistant told me that if for example I put it on at night and am too tired or lazy to take it off, I can sleep with it on.  I have even worn it as a moisturizer once or twice during winter  under my foundation.  All the Decleor products smell yummy.  It must be the neroli oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment