Search This Blog

Saturday 25 May 2013

MAC Studio Fix Fluid & Revlon Colorstay Foundation Color Chart

In all my years of wearing foundation, I had never tried Revlon Colorstay foundation.  Now I know, that If I know my shade in Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, I can google my corresponding shade in Revlon or any other brand I want to try out.  I also stumbled upon a Revlon Colorstay and Mac Studio Fix Fluid shade matching chart which helps tremendously.

Mac SFF foundation is expensive and Revlon is said to be a cheaper alternative, I hope the chart below will help in choosing the correct shade.  Please not that this color chart does NOT apply to Revlon's PhotoReady Foundation!

I found this chart on google and has been posted on a quite a few sites.

Revlon Colorstay vs MAC Studio Fix Fluid - Colour Chart:-

Ivory: NW15/NC15 (lightest shade of the ranges)
Buff: NC20 (best match for fair NCs)
Sand Beige: NC20-25 (with somewhat neutral undertones)
Nude: NC25 (with peachy undertones, definitely not for pinks or true goldens)
Natural Beige: NW20 (tends to run pink)
Medium Beige: NC27 (between Sand Beige & Golden Beige)
Fresh Beige: NW25 (with pinky undertones)
Golden Beige NC30 (with yellow/olive undertones)
Warm Golden: NW30/NC30 (with somewhat neutral undertones)
True Beige: NW30 (with pinky undertones - for Fresh Beige in Summer)
Natural Tan: NC40/NC42 (more neutral than Golden Caramel)
Early Tan: NW35 (with somewhat peach undertones)
Rich Tan: NW35 (with pinkish undertones)
Golden Caramel: NC40/NC42 (more golden than Natural Tan)
Toast: NW43/NC45 (with neutral undertones)
Rich Ginger: NW45 (very peachy-pink)
Caramel: NC45
Cappucino: NC50 (slightly more peach than Caramel)
Mahogany: NW50/NC55 (the darkest of NWs, but not extremely peachy)
Mocha: NW55 (seems to be very cool toned)

This chart has been useful in helping my friends find a match in Revlon Colorstay once they know their Mac shades.  Also when I am at the drugstore and want to try a new foundation and there are no testers around or any Sales Assistants to help, I usually grab a bottle of Revlon Colorstay in Golden Beige (NC30) and use the colour in the bottle to match (use as a guide) against the foundation I am trying to get a match in.

Stay well.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment