I spent the day organizing my makeup. If you don't have a clear idea in your head how you want to organize your makeup when you start,then it can prove to be difficult . Without an organizational system in place my makeup collection would be a messy disaster.
I subscribed to Glambox from December last year to May this year and these have proved to be very useful in storing my makeup. Each box has the pink outer box and the black inner box which makes 12 boxes which I use for strorage. They also stack nicely on top of each other very neatly. I also have two Ruby box subscrition boxes.
I keep like products together for eg. eye products in one box, blush in another and so on.
- Take inventory. Before heading to the store to buy supplies, first assess what makeup you need to store and the space you’ll keep it in. This way you’ll know exactly what your storage needs are and what organization supplies you’ll need to buy. Toss anything you no longer use that can take up valuable space.
- Keep your faves at arms reach. There’s no need to keep every product you own on your dressing table or bathroom sink. Organize and keep the products you use everyday nearby, others can be stored away.
- Thing tall. Storage drawers are a good because they grow upward and take up less counter space. Stackable drawers are even better as they can grow with your makeup collection. Plastic drawers are easy to find are are super inexpensive, while acrylic drawers are great because they’re sleek and blend in with any decor.
- Match like with like. Instead of throwing everything in one drawer, basket or cabinet, group your products together. Keep face products (foundation, concealer, powder) in one drawer, blushes/bronzers in another, and so on. This not only keeps things organized, but also saves time when getting dressed in the morning since you will know where everything is.
- Hit the office supply store. Office supply stores are great resources for organizing makeup. Pencil cups and desk organizers are great for stroring makeup brushes, lip/eye pencils, q-tips and cotton balls. Also check out craft stores and discount stores (Everlasting & Osmans) for small baskets, mini glass vases and other storage accessories. Think outside the box and you’ll be surprised at what you find!
- Don’t let drawers go rogue. Letting makeup loose in a drawer is a disaster waiting to happen! If your dressing table has built in drawers, fill them with small baskets and place your makeup in them. For shallow drawers use shallow, narrow baskets, and for deep or large drawers use larger baskets and layer them to utilize all available space. Be sure to measure your drawers before heading to the store so you’ll buy the right sizes.
Thanks for reading