Search This Blog

Sunday 2 November 2014

Smashbox Holiday 2014 Limited Edition- ON THE ROCKS PHOTO FINISH PRIMER DUO

ON THE ROCKS PHOTO FINISH PRIMER DUO

Hi All

I always use a primer under my eyes before I apply concealer.  I try to use a moisturising primer under my eyes, not a mattifying  or pore minimizing primer.

I have just finished my tube of Palladio Herbal Foundation Primer (I only use this under my eyes).  I also had a sample of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer which also is finished.

I have been watching rave reviews for the last couple of months about the Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer and was very curious.  I already new that it would be expensive but I wanted to go to the store and speak to the sales consultant and test it out to see if it really is moisturising as I have very dry under-eyes.  Concealer could make it look worse if I do not use the correct products underneath the concealer.

To my surprise this concealer was cheaper to buy if I bought the 2014 Holiday Collection of primers - "Smashbox On The Rocks Photo Finish Primer Duo"
This included:
-  Photo Finish Foundation Primer
-  Photo finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

The Hydrating Under Eye Primer was R375 on its own, whereas the Duo was R400 (No brainer right?)

The sales assistant said that this under eye primer was like a moisturiser, and you would not need to apply an eye cream.  I do not agree with this.  My T zone gets pretty oily since the weather is warming up, but my under eyes are always pretty dry, so I always apply an eye cream.
Also, once the hydrating primer is finished, I have a whole tube of the regular photo finish primer to use under my eyes, and this would take forever to get finish.  So I thought that this was an excellent buy.

Photo Finish Under Eye Hydrating Primer 10ml

This primer does not have the usual silicony feel to it.  It has a light pink cream look to it and a slight scent, but it does rub clear into the skin with no colour.  I have used it for almost a week, so maybe its to early to tell, but I think its just okay and not as hydrating that it was made out to be, or maybe its just that my concealer is just too dry.  Dunno, but I will keep using it, I am glad that there is primer made especially for under eyes as I really needed it.

Other offerings from the holiday collection include ;
-  ON THE ROCKS ALWAYS SHARP LINER SET
-  ON THE ROCKS BE LEGENDARY LIP GLOSS SET
-  ON THE ROCKS BE LEGENDARY PHOTO SHOP EYE SHADOW PALETTE
-  ON THE ROCKS BE LEGENDARY LIPSTICK TRIO
-  ON THE ROCKS BRUSH SET
These sets can be viewed on the smashbox website.

Not sure if it the whole holiday collection is available at all Smashbox counters or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment