Search This Blog

Monday 17 June 2013

Current hair care favourites

Hi there

About two months back I cut my hair really short.  Not because I wanted to, but because I thought it was  the only way to save my hair.  My hair was breaking so badly and looked dry like grass.  It also refused to grow, it was getting shorter and shorter from breaking.  This started happening when I went to a hairdresser at the end last year and wanted my hair coloured.  She convinced me to strip my hair (TWICE).  Worst thing I ever did!  My hair went from bad to worse after that. So I wanted to cut off all the dead hair and then treat my hair often because the stripping caused my hair to be very porous.

So this is how I cut my hair....


I then started trying lots of new hair products, which was frustrating in the beginning.  But I have now found stuff that is working for me.  My hair is growing so fast, to the extent that I have cut my hair three times in the last two months, and it needs another trim.  I was worried that this style would not suite me, but it does, and I get compliments all the time.  I also went even shorter after my second cut / trim since it grows so fast.
Now I do not want it to grow out, I think I will keep it short for a while.

Kept it a little longer on the sides than this to be more feminine

So since my hair is growing like wildfire, I thought I would share the products I am using at the moment.

 Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil

This is what I started using. I like this line, but the star of the show is definitely the Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Mask.  I LOVE THIS MASK.  I ordered more but can't get it because Avon is somehow not delivering to my Avon lady anymore (a strike apparently).  I used to also mix it with a teaspoon full of the Aussie 3 minute miracle treatment, just to make sure I finish it (was I the only one that didn't think this was a miracle product?)


Mark Anthony Oil.of Morocco Argan Oil Treatment - infused with Keratin

In December 2011, I bought the first and popular Moroccan Oil that cost about R350.  That bottle lasted about a year and my hair was healthy and really grew nicely.  After it finished, I noticed the difference in my hair.  Not wanting to outlay that amount of cash again, I decided to try this one.  Well, let me tell you, its the exact same thing and it costs R99.  I attribute my recent hair growth to this.  I am impressed and will continue to purchase it.  After I have washed and towel-dried my hair, I apply this before anything else.



On the left: The Protector FX Blow Out Moisture Lock Blow Dry Cream:
I was actually in Clicks looking for something else and came across this.  It was the last one on the shelf, so I figured I would give it a try.  I also remembered seeing it on the Internet once.
I apply directly after the Moroccan Argan oil on my damp hair.  It really makes a difference to the texture of my hair when it is dry.  It says "Heat Memory Thermal Protection & Defrizzant"
I agree with this, especially the defrizzant part.  It does make my hair smoother.  I notice the difference when I do not use it.  I cannot remember the price though, but its not very expensive.  After I apply the Moroccan oil and this cream, I then dry my hair.

On the right:  Lennon Bergamot Essence
My mom's hairdresser told her about buying Bergamot Essence and putting half of it in her shampoo bottle and the other half in her conditioner.  So that is what I did.  other people put it in their placenta hair treatment, which is what my mom did.  I looked up on the internet and it was true.  My hair is growing and is healthier.  It does have a medicine type of smell, but it goes away after you apply your aftercare products.

Dr. Miracles "Feel it" Formula" Conditioning Shampoo
This shampoo is meant to cleanse and condition. It is blended with Jojoba oils for strong, shiny and healthy hair.   I wanted something that cleans but does not strip my hair that is already very dry.  When my hair has lots of wax or oils on it, I sometimes shampoo with the Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo first to remove most of the residue then I will follow with this shampoo.  I have always applied two shampoos to my hair.

 Dark n Lovely Ultra-Cholesterol Conditioning Mask.  

The last cholesterol treatment I used was the Avon one which I liked.  Since I cannot get that one anymore I decided to try the Dark & Lovely one.  I have always had dry hair, so this is perfect for me.  "Intensely nourishes - for very dry hair"  l don't find conditioners moisturising or nourishing enough so I use a mask or treatment instead.  It also has a nice smell.

L'oreal Tecni.art Hair Mix Glam Definition

I bought this about a year ago from a hairdresser and used it once and decided it wasn't for me.  After cutting my hair, I pulled it out, and let me say how great it works for me now.  " Defining balm for dry hair. Hold level - 3"  Its not too sticky or oily, which means that I can go to work on day two and apply more instead of washing my hair again"   I take a little out the tub and rub / warm it between my hands and apply this to my hair.  It gives me the shape I want.  So I can spike it up, or lay it flat or whatever I feel like doing with it on that day.  The problem is, that it is almost finished, and I know it wont be cheap.  So I have purchased a wax from Clicks to use on off days so I can make this one last longer (Perfect Touch Shine & Hold Wax - shape & definition)

Livon - Silky Protein Detangling Hair Fluid

This last item I haven't used since I cut my hair, but I use it on my daughters long hair, so I have to mention it, as it works so nicely on her hair.  I have not ironed my hair in a while.  I part her hair into sections before I flat iron her hair.  After each section has been ironed, I smooth this over the section before proceeding to iron the next section.  It makes such a difference in her hair.  I especially concentrate on the ends of the hair that frizzes, and it tames it and keeps it smooth for days.  This was purchased form Gorimas.  It is normally near the cashiers desk.  I think it was about R50 or less.  "Instantly softens and smooths dry, rough, tangled, frizzy, unmanageable hair"  I agree with this claim.

So my hair has been getting less heat and more treatment and is much healthier.  I thought is would take longer to get to this stage but the recovery was quite quick.

I am sorry for the long post, but I had to share these products.  Please leave me a comment below if there is any thing you love that helps nourish your hair.

Regards
Nats

No comments:

Post a Comment