Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Foundation Catergory: Cream Foundations

I am currently doing a foundation series showing different types of foundation, powder, mineral, cream and liquid.  My previous posts I have shown powder, loose mineral, cream mineral and liquid mineral foundations. So please check those out if you have not already.
This post is going to concentrate on cream foundations.

Cream Foundations
I have tried my share of cream foundations since I my skin is very dry in winter.  You will find that you tend to run out of  cream foundations faster than liquid foundations because of the texture, packaging and amout of products you get.  My second best cream foundation is MaxFactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation.  My third favourite is The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation with SPF 15.  I reviewed this in a previous post since it fell in the category of mineral foundation..  I will recap this foundation in this post though.  My best cream foundation is  Kryolan Ultra Cream Foundation. 


Kryolan Ultra Cream Foundation

This foundation is not so easy to find here in South Africa.  It is only stocked by a few select salons which is not in the area I live in.  So got my hands on this many years ago when my skin was very oily and this foundation does not slide off within a couple of hours, unlike most foundations you find on the market today. Normally a person with oily skin would not go near a cream foundation.  The colour selection is awesome.  I found a  long wearing full coverage foundation to match my yellow toned skin.  It has never caused me any problems with breakouts, allergic reactions etc. It photographs really well.  Makeup artists use this foundation on brides and models.  I would say its one of my best foundations of all regardless of which category it falls into.  I cant rave about this foundation enough.

MaxFactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation
This is my second best cream foundation.  It is in a cream compact but turns to liquid as you touch it.  I have been going back to this foundation for years.  75 Golden is a good match for my Mac NC35 skin tone.  It is reasonably price.  It has good coverage and staying power even without a primer.  My gripe about this foundation is that it finishes so fast.  If you wear it everyday, it will not even last the whole month. It only has 11.5g of product.  .I wish they should change the packaging so that more product is included.  The sponge it comes with does not get used but there is a big compartment catered for the sponge.  Otherwise I love this foundation.


The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation with SPF 15
My third best cream foundation when I cant get my hands on Kryolan is the Body Shops Extra Virgin Mineral Cream Foundation.  I already reviewed this foundation under the category "mineral foundation".  I found a good colour match.  Its medium to full coverage.  It does not break me out. Good staying power and it good for the skin because of its ingredients.

Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation with SPF15

The foundation applied well in the morning but then settled into lines as the day went by.  I am not sure if this was because I did not wear a primer underneath.  I did find a good colour match for my yellow toned skin.  It it good to use as spot concealer if you do not want to use it on your whole face.  I liked the soft duo fibre brush it came with which applied foundation really nicely.  But I am not in favour of the creased looked this foundation gave my at the end of the day. 

Almay Line Smoothing Compact Makeup
I also found a good colour match in this foundation.  It was more of a neutral toned colour for me, not too pink and not too yellow.  It is meant to keep the skin hydrated and keep water in the skin which it did.  It is meant for dry skin.  I felt it looked good in the morning and faded throughout the day. I suppose most foundations are like that/   However I did not wear a primer with this, so maybe the wear of this foundation could have been prolonged if I did wear primer.  It did not settle in my lines but did wear off and gave a shine to my face. It is reasonably priced.

Cream / stick foundation I would like to try

Max Factor Pan Stick Foundation


I have read lots of reviews on this foundation and most of them have been positive.  I tested it at the store (Clicks) once and was amazed at the creaminess and the coverage.  I thought it would be dry and cakey but it was not.  It would be wonderful as a concealer as well since it gives full coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment