Search This Blog

Sunday 6 May 2012

April 2012 Favourites

The month of April went by so quickly. I wanted to have my favourites up on my blog by 30th April but that did not work out like I expected.  Its auditing season,  which means working longer hours.  So here is my April 2012 Favourites.
Rooibos soothing cleansing lotion
I previously used a cleansing milk, which I loved but it ran out, and I wanted to try a cleaning lotion to compare against a cleansing milk. Rooibos cleansing lotion cost R49. It has a nice natural nourishing Snell.  It is thicker than a cleansing milk which means a little goes a long way.  I am really enjoying using this product.


Claudia Stevens dark circle eye treatment
I don't know why I stopped using this. I use it at night only before I sleep.  I have seen a small change since I started re-using it two weeks ago in the lightening of my dark circles.  I keep my eye creams in the fridge. So when the coldness of the cream comes into contact with your eye area, it de-puffs and soothes as well.




Estee Lauder Double Wear stay in place foundation
This is an awesome foundation. I apply it with my bionic flat too buffer brush. (Another favourite). Full, but natural coverage and no concealer is required for spots or blemishes.. This foundation lasts all day like the name implies. I wear the shade 2W3 Raffia.


Passion nail enamel in Orchid
I change the colour on my toe nails every month and purple is my favourite colour. It is a medium to dark purple shade with purple shimmers in it.


Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme lash multiplying volume mascara
Another awesome.Estee Lauder product. I don't think there is an Estee Lauder product I have tried that I don't Ike. Two coats of this and my wimpy lashes are long, full, thick and very black.



Sleek I-Divine palette in Au Naturel
I used this palette a few times.in April and I love it. Perfect for a night out Smokey eye or a.daytime neutral look. Its a good all rounder. The shadows are very pigmented and are good quality. My favourite shade is Regal which is a purple.Smokey colour, the second to last colour on the bottom next to the black eye shadow.






My lip combo for.the month:
I have used these products so much that I am almost out of them. They work great together.
Model Co Lip Wax Primer
I use this every day and it fills in any lines on the lips so it creates a smooth base for lip products to be applied.  It makes lip products stay on longer than usual.
Essence lip liner in 03 Hot Chocolate
A good quality lip liner with great colour payoff and we all know how inexpensive Essence products are. 
Mac Lustre Lipstick in Jubilee
A mid-tone nudish brown shade which will not wash you out like other nude lipsticks because its not pale.  It goes.with any eye makeup, natural or dark smokey. Since it is a lustre, it is very moisturising.  My tube is almost empty and will need to repurchase.
Inglot Sleeks Cream Lip Paint in 91
This has a really good colour payoff, is creamy and just completes this lip.combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment